The last week was so great seeing all of our family and friends. We missed you all so much! Thanks for the warm welcome home!!! The drive from Valencia to Ashland, OR was pretty quick. From there, we traveled to Kahlotus, where we were surprised at how dark it could get at night. We were used to so many lights all the time, it was unusually dark for us that night. Very refreshing actually.
So, as short as it was 6 months can sure change things.. :) We left with a set of friends expected a little bundle of joy and came home to, of course, the little newborn Addison (whose birth weight I guessed to the ounce and won the bet Adam and I had...yay!), another couple became engaged, and now another couple is now expecting!! So much exciting things, so glad we are back to celebrate with everyone!
We are almost all unpacked and settled, however, I don't have any pictures yet, but I will soon! I think we have finally got the hang of the major roads in town and where the important stores are. (GPS has been our best friend lately.) If there is one thing we have learned in our short time here is when NOT to shop at Walmart...and that time is Sunday evening...or apparently any days beginning with 'S.' Being so close to the border of Canada has one serious draw back. Those Canucks are Walmart crazed!! We walked through the frozen food sections and were amazed at the lack of food on the shelves....almost everything was gone!! Apparently they cross the border to buy the cheap food, rip off the stickers, and take it back over the border...From now on, I'll be doing the grocery shopping during the weekdays....lesson learned, eh?
And because everyone needs a little Thomas picture to brighten their days.... You're Welcome :)
| Action shot of Tom doing wind sprints... a number of people commented on the little man's growing belly, so we are starting him on a weight loss program immediately. |
Happy Wednesday from Bellingham!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment