Monday, April 9, 2012

Oh Hi, Spring! I thought you'd never show up!

What a beautiful weekend it was!! We took advantage of the great weather and did a little squatching on the way up to Mt. Baker.  Squatching, if you have never been, is Bigfoot hunting in the form of the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show on Animal Planet... The show is actually a bit of a joke, as they are all SOO certain of a "squatch" being right around the corner, yet they can never quite seem to find one.  Bobo, the most enthusiastic member (and by far the hairiest, we are 80% sure he's actually a direct descendant of Bigfoot), talks as though he is the official Squatch ambassador, having spent some quality time with this mythical ape...interesting stuff...

Ok, I digress, we didn't actually look for Bigfoot, although if Bigfoot were real, I'd think he'd love the area around Mt. Baker, for sure.

The top of the mountain was absolutely gorgeous!!  See for yourself!!






We like to contemplate while we are up at Mt. Baker.

More contemplation...in between dodging skiers and snowboarders...


And I couldn't resist a little snapshot of the kiddo on the ski-leash...

Easter Day was just as beautiful...I think it was the first time since we've been here that I was able to walk out in a short sleeved T-shirt and not feel cold! Not in any way saying I was hot...just finally wasn't cold... :)

Looking forward to an exciting weekend and lots of pictures will be taken, so make sure to check back!! Also, don't forget a special someone has a Friday the 13th birthday this year...woo-hoo! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's a lot easier carrying a baby around when it's still in your belly, so I'm glad to see you're taking advantage of that in the nice weather. :) Just be sure not to carry around too much bacon. I hear Squatches love bacon.

    And, happy birthday yesterday (assuming you were referencing yourself)! Although you weren't able to party too hard, I hope you found a way to adequately celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are totally planning as much as we can this summer, cuz we know next summer, we won't be quite so mobile...How is everything with Juniper going?? I can't wait to hear about it all and meet her!!

    ReplyDelete