Where do I begin?? Today marks Baby Hill's 32 week gestation birthday!!! So on the early end, he could be here in as little as a month or so! Wow, it's gone by fast and yet, I feel like I've been carrying around this pregnant belly for some time now. The way he moves around, I'd swear he's already big enough to come out...but he can't, has to cook a little big longer. :) He has quite the sense of humor in that kicking my ribs while I'm trying to fall asleep seems to keep him quite entertained...
| This was actually taken a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've changed much the last week or so....and that's my glass of chocolate milk. Take THAT heartburn! |
Our newest family member, Gracie, is a tornado of energy and enthusiasm. She runs, jumps, and plays like she's a full grown puggle! She now has no problem jumping up on the couch, so Tom has resorted to the bed to get away from her. I think he goes there to collect his thoughts and get a little rest without his Mini-me pouncing on his head or chewing his tail.
| "They call me Screws Loose Gracie!!!!!" |
Of course, their relationship isn't all chaos and energy....
| Puggle Snuggles! |
Believe it or not, we've been feeling a little more a part of the community... We took a birth class the last few weeks (which, believe me, is a full post in itself), and actually met a few other couples having babies in the next few months that we could actually see ourselves hanging out with in the future. The birth class itself included drawing lots of "birth art" (Adams favorite...which color feels most alive to you?!?) visualization, acting out late labor contractions (the birth coach, NOT me, so don't ask for a reenactment), and much more "right brain" activities. Luckily for both Adam and me, we could always count on a snack halfway through. :) The other couples all had great senses of humor, so for the most part, it was entertaining. The priceless looks the of the dads when the instructor pulled out a postpartum pad the size of a sleeping bag made the entire course worth it.. :) We did learn a few "left brain" important things, such as pattern of contracts to look for, breathing and pushing exercises, some birth lingo...All I can say is when little man is ready to come out, it's gonna be a roller coaster ride and Adam better not hog the soaker tub at the birthing center. :)
In the travel department, we've had our share of adventures. A few weeks ago, we went to Dallas to visit some friends for a long weekend of pool time and summer sun, since we hadn't been getting much at our place. Oh, it was so great! I thought for sure I'd be wanting to sit in the air conditioned house for the whole time, but the heat didn't bother me as much as I'd expected. I witnessed 2 grown men dancing to Britney Spears on the Kinect dance video game, so I'd call it successful...Adam was soooo successful at it, he ripped his pants...It was so nice to rest and relax next to the pool, enjoy the weather, and not get woken up at 5 am by two hungry puggles! Tay and Kellen were nice enough to watch the dogs while we were gone, although from the texts we got, it may be the last time they do...all thanks to Captain Soft Ears Dudley and his musical beagle bark. I'm sure they have some entertaining stories from that weekend....If you guys are up for the challenge, we need another dog sitter in November... :) Any takers??
Well, I'd better get back to my Olympic viewing...those male volleyball players can't cheer themselves on!! :) We'll keep everyone posted on our adventures the next few weeks, we have a lot going on! :)
Here's me 10 days before Juniper arrived. I did not feel big then, but looking back...
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/105185420700725324078/posts/PEadFCYFRcg
That rocking chair looks awesome! You did a really great job. Getting a glider was the most useful piece of equipment we purchased. We still use it all the time.
It sounds like having a puppy is a good transition into having a baby. Have to pay attention to them all the time, doesn't do what you want, wakes you up...
Also, good luck finding baby couples better than the ones in Yakima! :)
OMG I feel about 10x bigger than you looked in that pic! Gracie is definitely transitioning us for baby...she's been doing much better at night although now the issue is that we are just running out of room in our bed. 2 puggles + a pregnant wife - no AC on muggy nights = Adam on the couch a few nights a week.... :)
ReplyDelete