Friday, November 16, 2012

2 months!

It really is so true, time flies so much faster when the little kidlets come along.  I can't believe Harrison is over 9 weeks old! WHAT!?! Sometimes the days can seem long, but the past 2 months have flown by!



Starting to get some cute expressions! 
Tummy time is a very important daily activity at the Hill household.  Workin' those neck muscles.  
At this point, Harrison is smiling and almost laughing.  We still have yet to transition him to his crib, but he sleeps great in his swing... :) We finally got a 7 hour stretch a few nights ago...if only I had known, I would have gone to sleep with him, instead of going to sleep 4 hours later...

Size wise, Harrison is definitely getting his fair share of calories...at 8 weeks he was at 24.25 inches (94th percentile) and 12 lb 12 oz (84th percentile), so this kid is doing juuuuuust fine in the growth department...  We have started calling him "Haus" as he is on track to become the size of an East German weight lifter by 6 months. :) As long as he can retire us with his 2016 Olympic commercial proceeds, we'll be perfectly fine with that!

In non Harrison related content...does anyone have experience with young female puggles doing inappropriate things to ancient male beagles????  This has become an interesting and perplexing (and sometimes comical...but mostly awkward) daily occurrence in our household...and we have no idea how it started because heaven knows Dudley didn't teach her...so yeah...that's weird...

Well, I'll leave you with the first video of the kid...ignore the "mommy voice" coaxing a smile out of him, but note the super serious look at the end, which I imagine he's thinking "Mom, would ya stop pinching my darn cheeks!!  I've had about enough!!" 

And I'm still seeing all Adam features...anyone notice anything different???  :)


Happy early Thanksgiving!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I can only offer you reassurance about Harrison's Adam-ness. Juniper has a lot of Aundrea's features. The way she had a little bit of me is that she didn't look exactly like Aundrea. Currently, at 8 months, I can see a little bit of me in her forehead. I'm proud of that. Harrison doesn't exactly look like Adam so as he gets older, you may find some features that Harrison takes after you. You'll be proud of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get Juniper to laugh, because she'll find something funny the first time, then she's over it. She's so jaded already.

    I hope that Harrison starts to get consistent with his night sleeping. That happened with Juniper as I was going back to work. At about 16 weeks, she started sleeping 11 hours at night (still does). It made everything better.

    Hope Thanksgiving is wonderful and restful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my features in Harrison...I'm pretty sure he has my nose, but it's overpowered by those crazy devil-adam-eyebrows! :) And Aundrea, luckily I can still get some good smiles out of Harrison with the whole "This little piggy" game...soon instead of the piggie going to the market, he'll have to go somewhere new to keep it fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing Juniper loves is "Itsy Bitsy Spider." I think it's the hand motions that get her. She'll look, smile, and laugh whenever we sing it. When the song is over she'll look at her own hands like, "Why aren't you guys that cool?"

      Delete