It's finally official!! After months of planning and preparation, we are finally business owners!!! Adam and I and our business partners, Jeff and Tammy, signed all the paperwork yesterday. Harrison also attended, but became bored about halfway through (I mean, how long can you sit and listen to lawyers and bankers, right??) so he and I missed the champagne celebration at the end....in fact, now that I think about it, Harrison was feeding, so really I was the only one that was missing out on celebrating... :(
So things might be a little busy around here, but hopefully we'll still be able to keep our sanity and it will even out in a few months, just in time for summer. And that old IBM computer that is collecting dust in the corner of your basement?? Let us know! We can take it off of your hands! :)
In other family news, last week was Harrison's 4 month check up and he is growing along right on track. We've started getting a lot of funny comments from people that meet Harrison, such as "Wow, he's big for a 4 month old!" and "Gosh, he just has a perfectly shaped head!" (I take credit for the head comment as without my intense concentration about 4 months ago, he might be cone shaped......oh who am I kidding, that kid wanted out of there so quick, there really wasn't much I could do...) But really, he's not that big, averaging 80 percentile on the weight and height charts, which doesn't seem too bad, but try holding him for about 15 minutes and tell me how your arms feel. :) (Clint and Jen, I KNOW you know what I'm talking about)
Our home is a little quieter without Captain Soft Ears tap dancing around every 10 minutes, but we are adjusting. Turns out, Gracie is quite the needy little dog, but we are working to crate train her now. We've taken her to the dog park a few times and she spends the first 5 minutes at least on her back "saying hello" to all the other dogs. It's a little embarrassing ..but the other day, she found 2 other puggles (who were dressed quite cozy in little sweaters) to run around with, and it was SO ADORABLE!!! I'm sorry, but aside from chubby sleeping babies, I'm pretty sure 3 puggles trotting around together in sweaters is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. My next knitting project is to make Gracie her own sweater so she can feel included. :)
So, have you guys been wondering how Adam is handling being Mr. Mom? Turns out, he's really great at it! They go on walks around town, they hang out just being guys watching the Ultimate Guide to the Presidents on History Channel....precious. Adam has become a pro at wearing the front carrier and getting housework done, and then he cooks dinner after I get home from work! Lucky me :) And Harrison just LOVES Adam, it's totally not fair... he still gets the biggest smiles and laughs. I'm thinking it HAS to be the beard....right? right????
| Pretty sure this is how majority of time is spent while I'm at work. |
Harrison is getting so big! I'm pretty sure he's bigger than Juniper, who is maxing out on the growth charts at the 5th percentile. :) She's the oldest and smallest baby in the infant room at the Jewett Center. But my arms are grateful. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, Harrison is a huge baby, but he'll beat up any kid at the Jewett Center that makes fun of Juniper. Besides, your back probably loves Juniper for being petite...mine is saying, "Are you carrying around a toddler all day, or what!?" Slightly painful. As soon as he can walk, he's walking on my back and working those kinks out...as long as he's not 80 lbs by then....
ReplyDeleteOH! I just realized when you said "my arms are grateful," you probably meant that literally...I thought you meant it like "my heart is happy" type of cute saying... :) Either way, it works!!
ReplyDeleteWell, my heart is happy, too, because it's nice still having my little baby, but yeah, I meant it literally. :) Juniper's turned out to be an oddly assertive baby. She'll take toys out of the hands of kids twice her age! But, it's always nice to have some muscle around.
ReplyDelete