Thursday, April 25, 2013

Yep, Still Here...

Hi everyone!!

As Taylor has so patiently reminded me (18 times), I need to do a little updating.  I know, it's been more than a month since my last post and there have been some major things going on around here!!!

Where do I begin??

Many of you already know, but we are officially moving back to the good ol' Yakima Valley and we couldn't be happier! It may have taken us 2 years of traveling and living in two very different areas to realize that maybe we just needed a little time to be out on our own before coming back and creating our new life in Yakima.  I think it was just what we needed.  After all, you can't realize you miss something until you're away from it, right?

Here are the details: Adam accepted an offer as CFO of Price Packing and Cold Storage in Gleed. He'll start on June 3 (or earlier depending on when we move).  My last day at BP is May 17th (3 short weeks away!!!!).  Adam is looking forward to getting back and using his agricultural expertise, and I'm looking forward to getting to spend a fun summer (and then some!) at home with Harrison.  We also still have the PC recycling company, so I'll be working on that, too.

YAY!!! So now that the BIG news is out of the way, how about some stories???

Last weekend we traveled down to the big D (Dallas, Texas of course!) to partake in some Southern hospitality, good ole fashion home cooked food, and authentic vitamin D! (So weird, I had some blood work done and surprisingly, I was a little deficient in that department......)



Waiting for take off from Seattle...We see that little smile behind the binky!!
We left Friday morning from Bellingham and took a little plane to Seattle where we had a 1.5 hour layover. Then we flew 3.5 hours (or was it 3 hours 10 minutes??? Our pilot seemed to change our flight time at every announcement he made....) to Dallas, where we were greeted with this....


So of course the weekend was off to an excellent start!! The next few days were full of swimming (I got sunburned in about 20 minutes of being outside, THANKS Western Washington cloud cover!), Mexican food, naps (for me and Harrison...I know how to vacation, people), and fun with the kiddos. Harrison had his first experience at what life would have been like if he had a 3 year old sister (I think he was glad to go back to being an only child) and Adam had the pleasure of catching a cold from a lovely little boy in the row behind us on the plane.  



We really lucked out on having an AWESOME traveler baby. Harrison did great on all 4 plane rides. We even got a compliment from a fellow passenger who thought for sure Harrison would be crying and screaming half way through the 4 hour flight, but not our kid! On another note, we were also told on two separate occasions that Harrison was pretty enough to be a girl (Harrison, if you are reading this in 16 years, don't be embarrassed, because with that pretty little face, you also can flirt like nobody's business with all the ladies...THAT will get you far in life). I took the compliments, thanking them for such sweet words....Adam was not so impressed...Don't worry, he'll soon grow a full beard and "pretty" will turn into "handsome" or even "lumberjack-esque..."

Any of you wondering how my half marathon training is going?? 

Well, let's just say, if I didn't sign up for actual races, I'd probably get about 2 miles (11 miles LESS than a half marathon) and just call it a day, but instead, I sign up for actual races to force myself to run more than 2 miles.  So far, so good. A few weeks ago I ran a 5 mile race called the Tulip Run in Skagit Valley.  Don't be fooled (as I was) into thinking you'll actually SEE tulips on this run....you won't.  I saw clouds, trees, and road.... Unfortunately the weather was less than perfect (i.e. rain...and lots of it), so Adam, Harrison, and the dogs stayed in the car parked by the finish line to wait for me. 

The run itself went pretty well...I ran faster than the last 5 mile race, so there was definite improvement, but I was completely soaked by the end of it, so that was not very fun. Unfortunately, my iPod got stuck on the same song from the get go, so even though I like this song, by about 4 miles and 45 minutes of listening to it, I was ready to through my iPod into one of the puddles I was running through... And you'd think that since Adam missed capturing a picture of the ending of my 4 mile race, he'd make darn sure he got this one....think again.  I called him after I crossed the finish line and he replies, "Wait, you're already done??"  Maybe one day we'll get a picture perfect finish.... I signed up for a 10k next weekend, so maybe you'll be able to see me in all my post-race sweaty glory then... :)

Oh yeah, we also got another puggle....I'm proud to introduce to you........BUDDY!!! He's a five year old from Eugene, Oregon, and after a few weeks of acclimating to the family, we are happy to say, he's fitting right in. :)


Soaking up any little bit of sunshine we can!

Well, that's all for now!!! More stories to come and we look forward to seeing everyone in Yakima this summer!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm fond of telling people that Juniper can tend to look like a fat, old man (and I love it!), so a pretty Harrison doesn't seem too offensive. :)

    I'm pretty jealous of your traveler baby. Juniper does not know how to chill, so sitting for long lengths of time is the worst torture she knows.

    Here's hoping the smooth travels are a precursor to smooth moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like Harrison and Juniper will make the perfect awkward couple :)

      Delete