Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bad Habits

Good Wednesday evening, Readers,

Tonight, I'd like to discuss bad habits.  We all have them.  Even I have some.  And before I pick on anyone, I'll throw my less than desirable qualities out there first.  Adam claims that my worst habit is an extremely inaccurate sense of timeliness and he is forever waiting for me. I think Adam's worst habit is whistling to songs on the radio and using my razor in the shower and leaving it on the sink so that when I'm in the shower, I either don't shave, or have to go search for it... Phew, now that we got that out of the way, lets move on to the fur babies of the family...

Gracie has a difficult time determining which toys are intended for her and which are intended for Harrison.  This only results in Harrison occasionally getting a hold of a dog bone and Gracie chewing a wooden block covered in baby slobber.  It happens...

And now....Buddy... Ooooooh Buddy, you are a doosie.  Reader warning: you CANNOT use the following story as an excuse to avoid our house... Buddy's worst habit isn't chewing on something he's not supposed to, or escaping every chance he gets.  No, no, Buddy's worst habit is much more than that... It's pooping...on the dining room table....

Let that just sink in for a moment.

There.

Yes, you read right.  Buddy actually pooped ON THE TABLE.  Now, we've known that Buddy had previously ended up on the dining room table and we've been trying to make sure all of the chairs were pushed in and no food left unattended, but a few nights ago, I thought for sure that one of the dogs had pooped in the dining room, so I searched high (not high enough, apparently) and low, but to no avail.  A few days later, the dogs were tearing up the house and I went to appraise the damage.  Buddy had eaten all of Harrison's dinner and I was cleaning up the mess when I spotted it...sitting there on the place mat and blending in so well.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW, BUDDY!?!"

This was no joke.

And while you may think this story couldn't get any better (or worse), it does.  I told Taylor the story and she responds with, "Which place mat??"  I told her.  She suddenly looked as if she'd seen a ghost.  Oh yes, as you might have guessed, she ate at that spot the night before with a little uninvited guest on her place mat. I can't even...

Now, before you guys cancel every dinner plan with us into perpetuity, just know that we replaced said place mat and will make sure every eating surface is sanitized prior to any dinner engagement at the Hill Residence.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment