| Ready for the cold weather! Keep that noggin' warm, mister! |
| This was our "Stayed in all day, probably didn't shower, painted two rooms," picture on Thanksgiving... What a little ham! |
| Apple Cup Friday! I think both Harrison and I ended up napping during the second half, but we were all smiles for kick off! |
I'm also working on sewing homemade stockings for all three of us this year, although it will be a Christmas miracle if they all actually get done by Christmas Eve...I figure as long as they are done by the time Harrison actually realizes the stocking is just for him, I should be fine. :)
Tonight, we decided to go downtown and watch the Christmas Light Parade. At first we thought, no way, because the temperatures have been below zero with the wind chill and tonight wasn't looking very promising. But at about 4:30, I devised a brilliant plan...let's pack up a little dinner for Harrison, drive down early, and find a parking spot on the road so we can watch the parade from the car!! And that's just what we did! It was a little challenging keeping Harrison occupied for 45 minutes while we waited for the parade to start (sweet potato dinners only go so far...), but after that first lit up truck went by, he was hooked! He was truly memorized by each and every one. He even made a "beep beep" noise when the trucks were honking that was beyond adorable. That along with waving at the one truck and trailer that had a load of people on it waiving back at him, it was such a fun night and a really special memory for us. :) I think he was a little upset when it ended...he could have watched 10 more trucks go by, I'm sure!!
Speaking of Harrison talking, he's also started to say "Daddy" pretty clearly. I think we all know who is favorite parent is these days, and it's not me! :( Adam gets the majority of kisses and hugs and while, of course, it just melts my heart to see that, I want kisses too! In fact, we all three were looking through Harrison's scrapbook and Harrison kept leaning in to kiss pictures of Adam, but would do NO such thing to my pictures!! Unbelievable! Do you know what I went through to bring you into this world, kid?!
| He's also become quite the little reader, even books upside down! So talented! :) |
And of course, he's taking after me in the photography department....see below for his first published photo session...
We are sure proud of our little man and know he will make an awesome big brother....
That's right! Big brother! Get ready to share the spotlight in June, kid! :) The little bean is growing right along and thank goodness now I have an excuse to why my pants wont zip over this holiday season! Yay! Bring on the cookies and gingerbread!! We should know brother/sister around the end of January. I can only imagine the chaos that TWO of these tornadoes can create! :)
Well, in case I don't get around to posting anything before Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Unfortunately, we didn't get around to making Christmas cards for everyone this year, of course, I'm still going to try to get a nice family picture in the next few weeks and you know what THAT means..... Family Picture Outtakes!! Probably my favorite posts to write! :) Stay posted!
I love that picture of Harrison in his hat! So cute.
ReplyDeleteTyler and I started embroidered felt stockings for us all last year and then never touched them again. We'll probably use our Value Village "place holder" stockings indefinitely. :)