Ok, let's be honest here.....Hazel is nearly
Well, our little sweet bundle of smiles is almost two months old and she is beyond everything we could have imagined. I know it may not always (probably never again) be this calm with two kids, so excuse me while I brag a little bit...
Hazel is getting some really great naps in, which is SOO great during the day. I actually feel BETTER than when I was pregnant! I'm able to get stuff done around the house and she only wakes up once a night to eat, so I'm actually sleeping better too! No more 3-4 potty breaks during the night for this girl, thank goodness!
| Out for our morning walk! Hazel usually passes out about 3 minutes in and I'm stuck carrying an extra 14 lbs up a hill :) |
Harrison still (thankfully) thinks his little sister is really great! In fact, he thinks she is so great, he wants to be around her all.the.time....which for the most part is really sweet to watch, but he's still a little rough in the kiss department. And he better keep his distance at times because this morning she farted in his face...what a
lady!! :)
UPDATE: So I wrote the first part of this post before life got REALLY crazy....
As many of you are aware, there are some aspects to our house that aren't quite...normal... The owners before us were a bit odd, they were doomsday preparers and I don't think owned a measuring tape or level when they built it. Anyways, most of the smaller issues worked themselves out...we removed the gallons of water from the crawlspace, Adam has replaced seafoam green carpet, painted pink walls, etc. But there was one lingering monster. Tucked away in a small room was our air conditioning. A 20 year old geothermal unit (which turns out is super rare...like 1/2 of a percent of people actually own one of these) that had begun to give us problems, but we knew we'd have to end up replacing it sometime in the future...well that time came Monday afternoon (now three Mondays ago) in the form of a flooded basement.
I was upstairs minding my own business when I heard the unit start up, but something was amiss. It sounded louder than usual and almost like.......hmm...yes, water....So I muted Shark Week to be sure, and headed downstairs to find water gushing out from that little scary room out into our main basement. What's a girl to do?!?! I was finally able to turn off the pipe that blew within a few minutes, but the damage had been done. About 75% of our basement had standing water. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
So since then, we've been dealing with insurance, contractors, AC companies, etc. We've been without AC for about a week (although a portable unit has been cooling down bedrooms in the meantime), and the coolest part of our home is inhabitable. This week has just been chaotic, but it will be worth it in a few weeks to have our basement remodeled (albeit a few years before we planned to).
| Mid-demo phase...fans drying out walls and cabinets, stuff EVERYWHERE! |
Now, back to the scheduled blog post!
Hazel starts her first day at daycare tomorrow, the same one that Harrison goes to. She'll be going once a week for a few months, then go to full time. Adam made sure she already had her name on a cubby this morning...they can't wait for a new addition to the infant room. :) Adam has also been making sure to give the infant room teachers hugs when he drops off Harrison...they love it (duh), but there isn't anything wrong with making sure you are in the good graces of the care takers, right? I let Adam do the butter-ing up as the last time I saw the infant teacher, she called me Brenda....
And now for the pictures so I can publish this bad boy and finally be caught up on blogging? maybe?
| Chowing down on a zucchini....Harrison (thank goodness!) is not afraid to try new foods! Now, whether or not he actually eats them and doesn't spit them out...totally different story... |
| These guys...cuddling up to watch a storm pass through. |
| Hazel is working on her baby rolls. Ohhh baby rolls, such a great thing :) |
| Halloween may come a little early this year. |
| Ready for football season! |
| Closest we have currently to a family picture, but one to come, keep your eyes out! |
Fall, we are ready for you!!!!!
Hazel is getting so big and cute!! I'm glad her sleeping wasn't a phase. :)
ReplyDeleteJuniper seems to have accepted her pre-brother, giving him snacks and kisses through my shirt. Hopefully she keeps it up when he actually gets here!