Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Nights

Funny how weekends change after having a baby...No more Friday night romantic dates at the local El Porton, sipping on Cadillac Margaritas and formulating how we can retire at 40.  Instead, you are more likely to find us (meaning Adam) cooking up homemade burritos while we (meaning Brittney) bounces Harrison and plays fetch with Gracie... Now, by no means are we complaining about our slower pace of life, just different than what we were used to a few years ago...

To bring a little more pizzaz into our lives, I decided to surprise Harrison with a little something to awaken his senses.  I'd like to introduce....the Entertainment Corner...


So as you can see, I've taken some everyday objects (mirrors and duct tape) that you are more than likely to find in your garage, and put them together to create a wonderful experience for Harrison.  We've always noticed that he smiles when we hold him in front of the bathroom mirrors, so why not bring the mirrors to him?!


Now the only question remains is...who enjoys this activity more?? Harrison? Who giggles and laughs at the adorable baby in the mirror? Gracie?? Who sometimes tries to play with the puppy in the mirror??  Or Brittney?  Who gets a kick out of watching all of the entertainment that 2 cheap mirrors (actually 1 FREE mirror since it came with the house) can bring?!?  A three way tie, I think....

And if you are wondering what happens after all the excitement wears off and puppy and baby are ready for a nap??


We all take one....well, 2 of us take naps quite comfortably...I read about the oil markets...exciting stuff, I tell you....

We are staying busy on this side of the mountains, but learning to enjoy the little things, too.  Harrison has started reaching out to pet Gracie, but hasn't quite got the whole, "Gracie is a nice doggie, we pet her gently," concept and has instead gone straight to "Pull the ears because they are the easiest to grab..."  We are working on it.  Thankfully, Gracie is mellow and I'm able to diffuse Harrison's strong grip before he pulls too hard....Otherwise, Harrison LOVES watching Gracie play fetch and just laughs and laughs when she comes running back with her tennis ball or beaver pelt (not real....fake, fluffy, torn up toy...but gets SO much love from Gracie).

Happy February!!!!!! Hoping to see those on the sunny side of the mountains soon!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Our weeknights are usually just trying to eat and feed Juniper before her 7pm bedtime. Then, sitting and talking about how tired we both are. :) We do get more than our fair share of date nights, due to our abundance of in-town grandparents.

    Harrison's looking as cute as ever. Can't wait to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am methodically replying to all of your comments, if you can't tell. :) I often sit and talk about how tired I am, also, surprisingly, Adam is usually NEVER as tired as I am, so strange...We are looking forward to date nights if we make it back to the Yak! Double dates, here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that breastfeeding take more energy than you'd think, or at least, more than I thought.

    Totally down for double-dates! We can leave the babies behind only to talk about them the whole time. :)

    ReplyDelete