Saturday, March 21, 2015

Happy 9 months Hazel!

So, I'll be the first to admit...my blogging updates have been less than stellar this year thus far.  Future Hazel, sorry you haven't had the monthly updates you deserve, girl!  To try and make up for this lack of documentation, I'll dedicate this post to our one and only, big girl Hazel. :)

She turned 9 months on March 10th.  As 9 month olds go, I'd say she's preeeeety solid and to put it lightly (or not so much, in her case), my arms are getting a daily work out! She doesn't have the Michelan Man rolls that some babies have at this age, but this girl loves to eat and before we know it, she's gonna give Harrison a run for his money!

Ready to see this little baby cherub??


Whatchu lookin' at?! (and photo bomb courtesy of Winston the kitty) 
Seriously, this girl has personality like nobody's business.  She wants to crawl but hasn't quite figured it out yet...but that doesn't stop her.  She somehow manages to make it to wherever she wants to go...a combination of lay down-push up-bottom scoot-turn and before you know it, she's 3 feet from where you sat her down.

She thinks her antics are HILARIOUS! "Can't catch me, mom!!"
Hazel is eating pretty much everything.  Her latest favorite has been teriyaki chicken, YUM!  Apparently she's been eyeing other kids' food at daycare, so I make sure she has plenty of variety to keep her satisfied all day long.


She loves bath time and is seriously happy and content about 95% of the time.  We finally got an 11 hour stretch of sleep from her a few nights ago, but she's pretty easy during the night most nights.  In fact, she usually sleeps in the latest of anyone in the family!  We have to wake her up more often than not in the mornings to get ready to leave!

Hazel's newest party trick is the shaking of her head back and forth and then looking at us amused like, "yeah I know what this means and I'm not afraid to use it!"  She's also got 6 teeth in and knows how to use those quite well, also.  Brushing her teeth has become quite an ordeal as I have to try and do it when she's laughing and just pray that she forgets to chomp down for 3 seconds.  

Harrison has been such a good and protective big brother.  He makes sure all of his friends at daycare know, "This is MY Hazel!"  We always go together to her room and he runs full speed while asking, "Where's my Hazel??" until he finds her and gives her a hug and then goes off and plays with all the toys he hasn't played with in 2 years.  

Such sweet kiddos :) I promise, she actually does love him.....
Happy 9 months, Hazel!!! :) Let's hope it's not another 9 before I post again!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment