It was my brilliant idea to drive to Newport and Huntington beach yesterday. I thought we deserved a fun day out, it would be a nice little drive, and who doesn't love a trip to a new beach??
2 and half hours later of bumper to bumper traffic, we finally arrived at Newport only to find no parking spots...anywhere... Both of us were hungry, tired, and well, I'll say it, pissed off...But since the streets were packed with beach cruisers, it was very difficult to even get on the road we wanted. We decided to keep driving onward to Huntington beach, hoping that the parking situation there would be a little more in our favor...no such luck. We ended up parking about a mile from the beach and had to hoof it to get to that scorching sand.
Now since we had just experienced a frustrating 2 and half hour drive, neither of us were in good moods. And I wasn't sure a beach jam packed full of tourists could fix that....but then, a little something...or a LOT of little somethings lightened the mood, just in time :)
Adam cracked me up when we first saw them as he perfectly executed that "hey kid, stop staring at me, do you have a staring problem?" little hand wave...like the little guys were just gonna go back to doing their hunting and gathering business when he shook his hand in front of them :)
As we walked further along this squirrel habitat, we saw an older couple throwing little pieces of food at them!! And they were just loving it! Kinda how when you take pieces of bread to duck pond and then all start to swarm around you? The hundreds of squirrels were all around this couple!! It was realllllly weird...and kind of gross...
I just couldn't help myself...I had to keep taking pictures. Although, I really should have snapped one of the squirrel whispering couple.. :) Next time!
Now, when we finally arrived at the beach we enjoyed a chili dog, corn dog, and deeelish rootbeer float! We splashed in the waves, soaked up the sun, had a very nice time. After about three hours, we were hungry again and decided to head home, taking an alternate route :) Next time, we'll make sure to bring a cooler packed with food and drinks, a few good books and extra sunshine, and I think we'll be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment