Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Goooooooood Mornin' Neighbors!


This morning, we unintentionally welcomed - very generously, I might add - two new family members.  Their story follows...

I awoke with a start. Adam was in the kitchen loudly whispering, "Hey, wanna come see something crazy?"  Usually, when I am given this enticing offer, I gratefully decline, because the term 'crazy' can describe so many different things...good and bad... But since it was 6AM, I made the decision to see what was going on.  With my sleepy eye mask still attached to my forehead, no glasses or contacts, and I'm sure many a sleep line across my face, I ventured to the kitchen.  "Check out Kitty's new friends."  And check out I did.

Two hungry raccoons were perched on our kitchen windowsill, eating cat food straight out of the tupperware container!! They were feasting like kings, I tell you!!! Apparently, raccoons DO NOT have opposable thumbs, but they were able to open the latch and get into Kitty's Purina stockpile!! So, as only natural for a couple who names a good portion of their belongings (i.e. Helga), we decided to name these little guys... Hans and Junior. Why, you ask? Because one was giant and one was little. Obviously.

Now, you all may think that raccoons are cute, darling, cuddly, like a cat that eats garbage and occasionally carries rabies...


awwwww....cute, right??


But Hans and Junior were dirty, tough, and fearless...a nasty combo when dealing with raccoons.


Not quite so cute, huh?

It took a few mighty Thomas barks to get them to hop back over the fence and run away. Thanks Tom.

Now, we have heard stories...wive's tales, we thought...about raccoons eating the fish out of fish ponds, but we never thought they would jump on the windowsill and open a tupperware container...pretty impressive. We'll always fondly remember Hans and Junior, but we'd rather admire them from afar, perhaps in our neighbor's yard instead.

Kitty on the other hand deserves a medal of honor for surviving this long in the urban jungle we have thrown him into. Coyotes, raccoons, Acuras in every year, make, and model...but....we also haven't seen him since this morning....I'll keep ya posted...Because if I find out Hans and Junior did anything to Kitty Witty...well, I'll let the next picture explain my intentions...



Have a good evening!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment