So, we moved down here for the great weather, right? Right. I have to keep reminding myself when over the weekend, temperatures reached 110 degrees, the leather in Helga could cook an egg, and even at 8:30 at night while taking a run, I was sweating like a "lady-of-the-night" in church.
To combat the oven that was Valencia, we decided to take a trip to Santa Monica to cool off. Apparently, much of Los Angeles had the same idea, so the crowds were a little intense, but we had yet to visit the pier and walk around, so that is now crossed off our list. Highlights of Santa Monica include not one, but two large men with yellow boas wrapped around their necks (apparently when the economy is down and times are tight, walking around with a large reptile is the best way to make ends meet?), a yogi who exclaimed to me "Hi. I like your dress. I want you to have these books about meditation" (thanks, but no thanks), and the most deeelish frozen yogurt (no sarcastic comment here, I just have an insatiable desire for frozen yogurt...).
Also, I'm not sure if you guys heard, but the Little League World Serious was on the weekend. Now, don't ask why we were tuning in (oh yeah...110 degrees outside, can barely leave the air conditioned house), but nevertheless, we did. It was between a Huntington Beach, CA team (which we have actually been to, woo-hoo!) and Japan. In the end, the California team won, but it was sure close! It was fun to watch all of those little Ichiro's play baseball, and the extra large American food proportions sure are obvious in the size of the players........
In between innings, we also made sure to keep an eye on the angry ol' girl Irene wrecking havoc on the East Coast...now, pardon me if I'm overstepping my boundaries into standard weatherman training, but what gives those guys the idea that they can withstand hurricane winds, torrential rain, and sand flying at 70 mph toward their precious little faces? "Now, don't try this at home, he knows what he's getting into," says the anchorman. Is there some sort of weather man boot camp or training program I am not aware of?? Is a requirement of being a weather man (besides the obvious talent of seeing in the future) the ability to feel no pain while being sand blasted for 5 hours straight?? Possibly.... must be why they make the big bucks... I wonder what super human strengths Al Roker has?
Moving right along to the next order of business...I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post. Apparently I'm a little hard on laptop power cords and mine no longer charges my laptop, so I'm patiently waiting for a replacement. Luckily, I can write words from any computer, yippee!!
Oh, one last tidbit, I was soooo incredibly excited to get a new pair of running shoes on Sunday and couldn't wait to try them out... Apparently Dudley thought a little bit less of them than I did because he chose to pee and walk at the same time on our neighborhood cruise (which is actually nothing new) and successfully swished some pee on my new kicks... awesome...
Until next time friends, we miss you all...
No comments:
Post a Comment