Friday, February 24, 2012

Yay for Baby!!

Guess what?! We are very excited and happy to announce we are expecting a little, afro-topped baby!! :)


There is the little nugget! According to the ultrasound tech, I'm about 9 weeks and 1 day along, which makes the estimated due date September 27th.  Yippie!!

Also, we were able to see a few interesting things while the ultrasound tech was doing her exam, one being my ginormous bladder because I decided to be extra prepared and when they told me to drink 16 oz. of water an hour before, I may have guzzled 32 oz. just to be safe.... so I was a little uncomfortable, but then we saw the little flutter of a baby heartbeat, clocked at an astonishing 167 beats per minute!! So amazing to see. 

In case anyone is interested in this kind of stuff, I'm feeling great! No morning sickness (yet), I'm just getting more tired earlier...I usually fall asleep at about 8:30. :) Thrilling, I know. I'm still able to fit into all of my clothes, although I prefer yoga pants and sweats over jeans.  I don't seem to have aversions to any food or smells and no cravings, per se, however, I'm just loooving grapefruit juice lately.  

You all may be wondering, "Well, what does Thomas think about all this???"  

"You wanna explain this to me, Bwittney?!? I'm not sure I like where this is headed....."

"You still gonna love me, right, Bwittney? I will still be your favorite puggle??"
Aww, Thomas is gonna be in for a little awakening come September :)

Dudley senses it, too, I think, and again, is not impressed with the new development...he's peed on the couch the last 3 days in a row... Now don't give me that "Oh he's getting old, he can't help it." Oh he most certainly can help it, he goes without a problem when we take him outside.  I think he'll eventually come around though, right?

I finally took my camera to the dog park, so now you can see the muddy mess Thomas prances around in every weekend with usually about 15 other dogs.  FUN!!!

"I like your jacket, do you like my jacket, too? It's red. My mom picked it out for me.  I wear it whenever we go somewhere so I don't run away. Do you think this is mud or poop? No, nevermind, it doesn't matter, my mom gives me a bath when I get home anyways."
We'll keep you all posted on the growth of our little nugget! 

2 comments:

  1. Super congratulations wishes from me, Diddy. From one pre-parent to another, this a very exciting and nerve-racking time, enjoy every bit of it.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news! Congratulations to you both! We'll be sure to film the 16-23 hour birth so you know what you're in for. :)

    I didn't have to drink water for my first ultrasound, but I did with the 20 week - 24 ounces one hour beforehand. I really almost exploded, and the ultrasound tech was like, "Oh, wow, your bladder is huge." I assume she knows what she's talking about.

    Being pregnant has been the best experience, except for this PUPP(P) I got super bad last week, so I'm struggling to not scratch all my skin off. But mostly, pregnancy is kind of magic, and I hope you have a wonderful time of it.

    Anyway, enjoy the new feelings and new worries and new life!

    ReplyDelete