The second prompt is "Educate us on something you are good at or know a lot about." At first, I had a hard time with this one. Sure, there are things I'm fairly good at, like knowing when Harrison has pooped his diaper, or pretending I'm asleep when the dogs want to be let outside until Adam wakes up to hear them...but is that something that my readers want to learn about? Probably not.... So I had to really look introspectively into my soul and figure out something that I was good at AND would be interesting to talk/read about...and this is the conclusion I came to...
I'm REALLY good at carb loading before a race.
Now, please don't assume that said carb loading actually improves my race time or makes it easier to run, because so far, it really hasn't. But I'm excellent at eating lots of delicious carbs the night before I run, so I'm gonna say...yeah, I'm good at carb loading...
This is Friday night's dinner. An entire bowl of delicious Boundary Bay mac and cheese and a glass of excellent beer. I was in heaven. Although they ended up putting us in the back with all of the other families with toddlers, I didn't care. That Mac and Cheese is seriously the best I've ever had, and I pride myself on knowing a good dish of the stuff. It was creamy, yet crispy on the top. It wasn't too cheesy, but wasn't bland either. It didn't need salt or pepper, perfect as is. My, hands down, favorite dinner in Bellingham.
Now, I didn't want to take over this whole post without giving the option to Adam to share something he's good at. He replied with, "hope improvements," so you'll have to check back in the next year to see how truthful he's being with that one. ;)
Now to your regularly scheduled blog update....
Today, I ran the farthest I've ever run in my entire life...6.21 miles. And I won't lie, I had to walk a few times during the race, but I finished in 1:07 which equates to just under 11 minutes/mile. My goal for the half marathon in June is about 10 minutes/mile, so we will see how that goes...it may just be a matter of finishing the actual race because at about mile 7, I probably won't care AT ALL about my actual time....
Today was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I even got a little too hot while running, which I never thought would happen in this town.
| FINALLY, a finish line picture!! :) |
Congrats on the successful race and finish line picture!
ReplyDeleteCongrats also on delicious dinner and fancy beer, which is more my speed. :)