Friday, May 17, 2013

Final Days as "Bellingham-sters"

Well this is it, our last few days as residents of Bellingham.

Today, both Adam and I went to work for the final time and said good-bye to our co-workers.  By the way, any of those co-workers now reading the blog (that I sent out about 3 minutes before I left forever), WELCOME! :) Be prepared for lots of puggles, a chunky baby, and stories that probably embarrass ourselves more than we realize at this point....

As most of you know from our last move, we like to get packing and on our way pretty much the second we  sign off at work, and this time is no different.  We are planning to pack and move this weekend!  So far, the house is about 37% packed and we'll pick up the Uhaul tomorrow evening.  Ahh, the memories of moving from California to Bellingham (our final days post is here)...there are a few similarities and a few differences this time around...see if you can spot the differences..


  • We have the same couch, but a different slip cover...


  • We have two dogs, although they are two different dogs from the ones we arrived with. (We love and miss ya Tom! We love you, Dud, but not sure about the miss part.....)



  • Oh yeah, instead of just the two of us, there is now another little person tagging along on our travels....and he's just as happy and excited as we are!
Don't judge, this was after a dinner of carrots and garbonzo beans...dirty onesie? check.... but he doesn't seem to mind....
  • And as for dinner? Not quite as minimal as a loaf of bread and wine....instead....
Pizza and a box of wine....we are classy, you guys....
  • We arrived in Bellingham in Helga, our trusty BMW, but as of tonight, she is sold and we are back down to one car, Rey, the 4runner.  Helga had been on craigslist for a few weeks, but tonight was meant to be.  The couple who bought here was so nice and had an awesome story AND his name was Christopher Adam....which is weird because Adam's middle name is Christopher!!!! WHAT!?!  Believe it people....

Yesterday, we took our final walk with the dogs and Harrison.  It was a beautiful evening and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to give the dogs some exercise (especially since Buddy escaped the dog run again and Adam spend 30 minutes chasing him around the yard...) EDIT: As I was writing this post, Buddy escaped yet again...I tied on my running shoes and was determined to catch the little stinker. After about 10 minutes of chasing (thank goodness for the half marathon training), I decided to try and peg him with a tennis ball (obviously, if I even came close to hitting him after a box of wine, it wouldn't be close enough for him to even notice, I'm sure..).  Not surprisingly, I missed by like a foot, but I think I got my point across and he just laid down and let me pick him up... I can only imagine his thoughts, "Oh jeez, this woman is bat s%*^ crazy throwing tennis balls at me, I give up!"

A few more snapshots from our final tour of the neighborhood...

The last time we'll be walking down this extra long dead end road and also the last time the residents of this road will be wondering, "Who the heck are those people that walk our road every other day with their crazy dogs...."


Harrison definitely enjoys his daily walks.

Now this story goes back to our first walk down this road... I noticed a little bird sitting on a tree stump.  It was such a bright little bird and so still...could it be real? I snuck up on it because I didn't want to scare it away.  And 19 months later....

It's still there...along with 2 other little birds that are wired to the tree stump.  I finally realized maybe the owners are trying to keep away the real little yellow birds? Like a scarecrow theory?? Who knows...I originally thought that there was a hidden camera in the birds that the neighbor used to keep an eye on who was coming into the neighborhood...paranoid much? :)



I almost stepped on a little frog trying to get an up close picture of the birds...
The turn around point at the end of the road. 
The rock sculpture.

The horse that gets somewhat close to us. but then runs away...

When we walk by the house that Holly the black lab lives, Gracie always looks for her, just waiting for her to run out to play...
"Holly? Holly??? I thought for SURE you'd be here today! I thought for sure!!!"

Harrison keeps his eye on his mommy while on the walk...I spy chubby baby toes!! :)
As far as final thoughts on living here, we enjoyed the majority of the mindset of this community...the healthy living, the cloth diapering(!), and hello! birth center! (although my Mom would disagree with me on this one...).   I think we have the mindset of hippies, but prefer to shower everyday (welll........weekdays, anyways...) and prefer to be the hippie thinkers in a more normal world instead of feeling as though we aren't hippie enough... So if anyone is interested in brewing kombucha, adding chia seeds to their diet, or connecting to their inner warrior women while in labor, you come talk to us!

As for tonight, we'll be re-reading the blogs posted from our time in Bellingham and laughing at all of our fun memories...adios!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ah, slobbery clothes, vitamin D drops, strollers, sippy cups... What did we even fill the house with before babies? :)

    Looking forward to having you all back in Yakima!

    ReplyDelete