Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Connected!!

Well, after a week and a half without Internet, we are finally connected to the world wide web again! Which means I can update everyone on the move and what has been going on!  (And yes, I know my "Blog Every Day in May" was a royal fail, but hopefully now I'll be able to do a little catch up.)

The move went well, but holy cow, you don't realize quite how much stuff you acquire until you have to pack it all up and move it... At first, we thought a mid size U-haul trailer would hold everything, but we were so wrong.  We ended up taking the trailer back and getting an actual truck and it was packed to the brim! Thank you so much to Adam's parents for helping us pack and unpack, such a huge blessing! We'd probably still be packing if we were on our own.

I remember when we just had a little bitty trailer that Helga pulled all the way to California...not anymore!
Harrison is ready for sunshine! 
Hittin' the road!

Harrison and Gracie rode with me in the 4runner (also packed to the brim) and Adam drove the truck with Buddy riding shotgun.

I made sure to take a picture of the differences of each side of the mountains...

Yep, it's green over on the West side, just missing some blue sky!
Getting closer!
Ahhh, much better.  Also, note the number of cars on the road.... :)
We arrived and unpacked and spent the next week trying feel settled, even though most of our stuff is still packed up and will stay that way until we move to the home we own.  The weather has been less than desirable and we were called out multiple times for bringing the rain with us wherever we went.  Believe me, I was just as upset about it!

For the long weekend, we traveled down to Kahlotus and the Snake River for some boating action!

Safety never looked so cute!

Just two guys hanging out on a pontoon!

The happy Captain! 

I think we have a future boat lover on our hands....

Heading in for the night.  We had a great time and are looking forward to next time and maybe even getting a tan!
I've also started my new job as Keeper of the Home.  My boss gets a little mouthy when he's hungry or tired and I'm constantly having to remind my 4 legged furry subordinates to quiet down or go poop on the lawn. It's a constant battle, but the benefits are excellent, and I'll probably get promoted to Senior Keeper of the Home in 90 days if I keep up the good work.  :)

Happy Summer, everyone! Maybe the sun will decide to show up one of these days... :)


1 comment:

  1. I won't lie - It was pretty amusing to me that it clouded up the minute you guys got here. :) But, there is plenty of sun to come!

    Glad you guys made it over safely and hit the ground boating!

    ReplyDelete